Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level

Wet Paint "The Walking Dead Season 4: AMC Is "Very Worried" About Second Half"

"The AMC suits are sweating the next eight episodes of The Walking Dead Season 4! Excellent. Unless that's bad.

This TV show is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman, and it gets pretty gruesome at times. Like, did they really go there gruesome. The second half of Season 4 is going to get particularly "bleak," as Robert has mentioned before, because the former Team Prison is now back on the road. The world has gotten even meaner since the last time they were homeless, which was after the farm was overrun in Season 2. This second half is meant to be closer to Season 1, when they were camping out in the open, going place to place trying to get a feel for what's happening in the world.

There have been times when the TV show has elected to soften some of the comic books’ violence (no graphic rape scene, thankfully, and Rick currently still has two hands) and it remains to be seen how much of the post-prison darkness the show will explore..."

Source

Examiner, which has links to wet paint and IMO shares publishers or content, grabbed the lovely piece of performance art on an otherwise slow day, and spun it for this "article"

“The Walking Dead” will be here in less than a week. It is one of AMC’s top ranking shows, so why would the network be anything else than excited for its return? On Monday, January 3, Wet Paint released an article stating that AMC is “very worried” about the second half of the walker apocalypse show. Note that spoilers are below if you are not caught up to “The Walking Dead” or don’t wish to know anything about what’s to come.

Robert Kirkman spoke with fans at Amazing Arizona ComicCon and said, “I will say that the show will continue to get a little bit bleak at times and a little bit darker as the world progresses, and as things get a little bit more dire as they have in the comic. So we’re not going to be pulling any punches, and there’s a lot of stuff coming up that AMC is very worried about, which makes me happy.”

Hmm, what could they be worried about that would make Kirkman happy? Here are some theories from the source and fans:..."

Examiner source

IF AMC is worried, my bet is on other issues than those listed above, YMMV

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    That's it, they are killing off Daryl..im sold.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofotis View Post
    That's it, they are killing off Daryl..im sold.
    Dude, they aren't killing off their cash cow. AMC would not allow it (not that it would keep me from watching if it happened).

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I believe that they are either going to kill Rick or Daryl. I think that if AMC does kill off either one, than it will be a very BAD move on AMC's part. I am for bold moves in TV, but this would be a horrible move.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't think AMC is allowing them to kill of Daryl or Rick. I don't think that is worrying them. My guess is the Hunters.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    Very graphic cannibalism is what i'll have to assume is "Pretty new and raw for basic television." Plus AMC literally and figuratively owns Daryl in every which way and aspect.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Level
    AMC only worry about money and profit. Which means Daryl is the safest character on the show .and I can't see them signing on for anything that effect the status of the cash cow.

We know there is a controversial episode coming up. that AL says that they will get them in trouble. and it will piss out people.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Some of you might have seen 'The Road' but there is also a cannibalism scene in there with the half-dead people in the cellar of a mansion.

it's one of the most brutal, disturbing scenes I've ever seen in a movie.
    If twd would do something similar like in that movie it would be gruesome as hell.

I don't really see twd playing out The Hunters, as they are in the comics, on screen

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Hummmm
    they seem to bringing in new characters all the time ( all of which are bleeding boring bastards)
    i wouldn't be at all surprised that kirkman kills off carol and daryl ( he's a knob)

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    My guess is two fold - the introduction of cannibalism in way of the Hunters, and a zombie baby in way of either Judith, or Michonne's child via flashback. If they are following the comic arcs as closely as Kirkman keeps saying, then the Hunters would have to be introduced, with someone in the group being the main course. Rick, Michonne, Carl, and Daryl are safe, so who?

The Billy-Ben story might be played out as well, but I'm betting the Hunters with a dash of zombie baby to boot.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast