View Poll Results: How would you rate After?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll

28 16.00%

48 27.43%

44 25.14%

20 11.43%

18 10.29%

6 3.43%

3 1.71%

5 2.86%

0 0%

3 1.71%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    I am King, everything is possible. King Grimes's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Level

Rate and review tonight's episode, After

Thread will open after the ep airs.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    I am King, everything is possible. King Grimes's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Level
    Thread is now open :) I personally really enjoyed this episode.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Level
    7 - good adaptation from the comic and I liked the Michonne flashback which was very like Rick's where Lori turned when they were hugging. I didn't think Chandler's acting was the best it could have been and I feel the cliffhanger could have been better.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    10/10

The acting was great; Chandler and Danai were fucking great
    There was some comic relief (unintentional or intention is yet to be known)
    Father/Son turmoil then Father/Son love
    Carl cussing
    Perfect rendering of issues 49/50/51
    Reunion within Carl/Michonne/Rick was great

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Level
    Feeling an 8. great ep.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Level
    This episode was cool. It was a great rendering of issues #49-50 from the comic book. The Michonne flashbacks were cool. We got to see that Michonne had a little child before the apocalypse and a clip of how she lived her life before the apocalypse. I like seeing Carl take out walkers, even though at times I was getting l.fed up with him talking back to his Dad (my father would have either smacked or spanked me if I spoke to him like that). Andrew Lincoln, Chandler Riggs and Danai Gurira did a good job performing. And the ending was so amazing. Michonne finally meets up with Rick and Carl!!!! I can't wait to see what type of adventures they will have together. All in all I have to give this episode an 8.5 out of 10. It is SO good to have the Walking Dead back!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the next episode!
    Last edited by Christ2010Grad; February 10th, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Level
    Chandler OWNED this episode. I never cared for Carl, before this episode. He totally came into his character, kicked ass and took names. Called out his father, for being a total idiot, yet was still a kid who needs his father more than ever. Sittin' on the porch eating 120 oz of chocolate pudding, like a boss. TEAM CARL. Totally not his fault his parents suck. Michonne was awesome too, as always. But now I want to know MORE about her backstory, I hope they don't leave it like that. Can't wait for next week!!!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Level
    I rate this episode a 9-9.5. Chandler Riggs did a very good job! I am very impressed with his monologue! MEGA KUDOS to Chandler! Andy did okay. His acting could've been a tad better, but it was allable. Michonne was great, as usual, but, she kind of dropped the ball in her flash back scene. it looked like she over acted it, or acted it out like it was just an annoyance to do. Danai is better than that. That entire scene is an entire disappointment to me.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Level
    Watched this episode with a group of friends who are casual viewers and I was getting annoyed. Carl was being constantly bashed throughout the entire episode and they now hate Carl more. Whatever.

I thought the episode was good and I liked seeing Carl's struggle. He thought he could be on his own, only to discover that he still needs Rick. Great scenes between those two. I loved Michonne's struggle a well (of course) and I want to know more about what happened with her and Mike. The zombie killing scene was beyond awesome. The flashback...not sure what I thought about that. I loved the look they gave Michonne and I loved seeing her before the apocalypse, but I wanted something more. Can't quite explain it.

Anyway, I liked the episode and I teared up when Michonne was talking to Mike and then when she found Rick and Carl. Can't wait until next week! So glad it's back.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    The image of Carl on the roof, missing one shoe, eating 112 oz of pudding, walkers reaching for him. It's quiet and lonely and perfect. This WAS Carl's episode and that moment just summed it all up.

Carl is going to get a lot of crap for this episode. And yes, he was surly and obnoxious and there was a part of me that wanted to slap him for pretty much stomping off in the middle of the ZA while his dad is dragging along half-dead behind him, slurring his words. And part of that is him being a typical teenager, but it's more than that. We all have those moments where we see our parents as fallible. Carl has questioned Rick's authority before, but this affirmed for him that earlier questioning. This was an echo of what he said at the end of S3, except now Carl has lost even more. And yes, it's all about Carl because he's 14 and that's how he thinks.

For Carl, his father's fallibility is tied into everything else, especially this good long summer of playing pretend in the garden. Because the dream that his father was trying to create around them in that garden has been destroyed completely and Carl had worked so hard to be that kid for his father, to just be a kid reading comics, and not a kid surviving in the apocalypse and dammit, now he had to give that up again. He sees his reflection in the big screen TV in that house, sees the piles of DVDs and is reminded again of who he can't be. He resents it, he resents his place in life, he resents his father for allowing him to even play that part, because it will never happen and he's tired of being held back and told to stay in the house.

So he goes out and proves he's a man. Or he almost got killed several times. However you want to put it. On a side note, why doesn't Carl have any kind of knife? I know the gun is symbolic and all, but come'on. Give the kid a blade, a bat, something! But I digress. I liked watching Carl wander the empty neighborhood, marveling at the silence. I liked watching him fight and almost lose against various walkers, i liked his defiant "I win", what he scrawled on the door with that convenient piece of chalk, and how he puked when he almost died the first time. Carl's cursing cracked me up, I gotta say, especially that Rick reprimanded him for it. Reminded me of Rick telling Carl to brush his teeth earlier this season. Priorities! But really, Carl's want to be his own man, protect himself, find himself food, to not needing him anymore, not needing that parental role, because all he sees his father as someone he can't rely on and someone that has failed him, I can't totally disagree on these counts. It's not ALL Rick's fault, obviously, but his lack of being there for Carl in various ways has been highlighted often on this show and shouldn't be ignored.

Carl's moment of his words being spit back at him, that he'd be fine if Rick died, few teenagers have that moment handed to them as they stomp off, screaming hatred and wishing their parents dead. Carl has already killed his mother, thinks his sister is dead, his surrogate family gone, and now his want to be alone and without may actually be happening, growling out from his father's broken body. And I will give it to Chandler Riggs for selling this whole episode and selling that moment where he just couldn't do it. He's not strong enough, he's all alone, his father is crawling and gasping towards him and he just cries. Because he's 14 and there's just so much anyone can take, let alone a child who is still grieving so many and so much. That was a great moment and it had a wonderful tie up as well. I don't think things are solved between Rick and Carl, I really hope that Rick will stick by this idea that Carl is a man at this point and not go back to protecting him. I don't think Rick can handle Carl as a child, nor can Carl, in a lot of ways. They both need Carl as a partner at this point and maybe Michonne will help Carl's ability to keep some childlike qualities while still playing adult in this dead world.

Speaking of Michonne, Danai Gurira did a wonderful job this episode, her face when she put down Hershel's head was heartbreaking. That said, i was unimpressed with the Michonne storyline here.

I had been looking forward to the flashback forever. I DID like that it was done in a dream sequence, that her surroundings kept changing with every movement of the scene, everything shifting around her and that was great. It had the lack of balance needed. I didn't like her screaming, it felt a bit cheesy and over the top actually, but overall, the dream gave some answers to Michonne's past and I was glad for that. I just wanted...more. More about Michonne. While she was amazing as she took down those walkers, as she made the choice to keep living and not deaden herself to the half-life she was leading before she met Andrea, I've seen Michonne be awesome with her katana before. It's cool and all, but... I wanted more than that for her character this episode. Obviously, we have more of the season to come and, now that she'll have someone to talk to that can talk back, we're going to hear more, of course. I just wanted a bit more from THIS episode.

Michonne's arrival at the house, seeing Rick and Carl inside the house, her smile, her whole face lightening, it was wonderfully underplayed, as was Rick's response to the knock, "It's for you." It was a perfect final line, IMO. Loved everything about that and I look forward to seeing their little family again.

Overall, it was certainly a quiet welcome back, to the point that when those walkers banged at the door in the house Carl was searching, I actually jumped. I really enjoyed the exploration of Carl, something I don't think I'd have ever said a season ago. Rick was the supporting background character, his wheezing making my own chest and ribs hurt, but he served his purpose, which was good to see him as that kind of character instead. And Michonne was great, but too much of what I'd expected and wanted more. Ah well. Either way, I'm glad the show is back and am, warily, looking forward to the rest of the season
    Last edited by extravagantjoke; February 9th, 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast