1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Level

Q & A Danai Gurira (Michonne)

Q: What was different for you playing Michonne this year?
    A: Well, one of the things that’s really fun about Michonne is that she can be peeled back like an onion. It was really kind of interesting to allow walls to come down, and that does involve a whole different process. Seeing who that chick is, that was really fun.

Q: We see a lot of that peeling in the Mid-Season Premiere. Did you have any input into that?
    A: Me and Scott [Gimple] have been conversing about this stuff for a while. He definitely had the lion’s share of it down. And it would concretize exactly what her story was. But it was really great because he had given a lot of understanding and thought to what her background was, and I materialized it

Source

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Wow she created her own choregraphy for the slaughter scene, she is a great actor (IMO), and I have heard great things about Mother of George so apparently she is a great writer too. I really enjoy reading and hearing her discussions on how she tries to portray Michonne or what Michonne was thinking/feeling during moments throughout the show. From Q&As like this to watching her on the Talking Dead I can't help but admire how much she seems to put into Michonne's story. I would love to just sit and talk to her about all of the characters and events from each season and fangirl over this show with her. She probably wouldn't want to say two words to me about the show though because, I am one of her unapologetic shipping fans who wants to see her get some on the show. Daryl, Rick, Tyreese, Morgan, Glenn, Andrea, or whoever I ship her with them. But in my defense it's also partly her fault because she is so beautiful I can't help but want her to get some. Yes I am trying to live my bored housewife fantasies through her character and yes I am too old for shipping but I don't care I ship her with everyone and I will not apologize lol!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by honeyconcha View Post
    Yes I am trying to live my bored housewife fantasies through her character and yes I am too old for shipping but I don't care I ship her with everyone and I will not apologize lol!
    Pish posh. NOBODY is ever too old for shipping ... or love, or romance, or sex!! Enjoy it all until BOTH feet are firmly planted in your grave!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ninakins View Post
    Pish posh. NOBODY is ever too old for shipping ... or love, or romance, or sex!! Enjoy it all until BOTH feet are firmly planted in your grave!
    Thank you ninakins, this is the best advice ever lol!!!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level

QA with Danai: Michonne has layers

I don't think this has been posted. Always fun to read what Danai has to say.
    Q&A