Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 2pink View Post
    I thought it was strange to open a wrapped picture. They need food shelter supplies. Why look at the wrappe up artwork. But the oter part of me thinks that thy found a new house that's claimed
    From the dream sequence we saw in 4x9, Michonne was/is a big art enthusiast. I think curiosity just got the better of her and she had to check it out.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Level
    The painting is scribbled on but it also looks like there is blood around the mouth like the people who die from the flu.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Level
    I wonder if this is "Gareth's" work and he is a take off on Father Gabriel but instead of a priest he is a tortured artist.
    I could go with that :)

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    The painting is wrapped in plain white paper, one layer and taped in the back. Which means, it was taken to an artshop and 'paid' to be framed. Private framers or artists use plain paper (White or talen) and only a few pieces of tape to loosely cover the art, also are quite expensive as opposed to a franchise. Every time I picked up one of my paintings from the frame shop, it was wrapped like that.

Just my take ...

Michonne, knowing art, was curious, because most artists will not pay to have their work framed, they'd frame it themselves. Only paying for framing when they feel it is special. So she wanted to see what was recently framed. The painting could not have been done before the ZA if it was wrapped.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Level
    So the artist had a premonition of the Zombie Apocalypse?

This show has pretty much stayed away from the psychic or prophetic, so if it feels like that in this scene, that's an interesting turn.

Kind of like Jim, compulsively digging graves.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    But there is no proof yet that this will be a dream sequence- could simply be that she finds a bizarre painting and goes into another room to investigate a noise or simply to get it out of sight.

She is wearing the same white shirt she wears in other footage from the episode.
    The one thing I find bazaar about this scene, other than the strange painting, is that Michonne is not very quiet as she's creeping toward the white door. Plus she doesn't have her sword out in any preparation of alert when she reaches for the door knob.

JMO, but my take is that Michonne knows who or what is or was on the other side of the door. She's cautious but it seems that her approach is more in curiosity than fear.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm loving seeing more of Michonne and who she was before the ZA hit. Her love of art and the look on her face while she's opening it has been one of the few times we see her actually look anything but stoic.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it's definitely a dream sequence. Look at her hair! Her dreadlocks aren't as dreadlock-y looking. They look more like the dreads in her first dream sequence. Her dreadlocks are actually thicker-looking now than they did in the dream sequence in 4x09. And they look thinner in the sneak peek for 4x11, which leads me to believe that she's flashbacking/dreaming again.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I think it is a dream sequence. It seems as though this is the vehicle the writers are using to tell us her backstory.

Morbid though it may be, I really would like to find out exactly how she lost her son. It about killed the mommy in me when she suddenly realized he was gone from her arms.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousey Shot View Post
    So the artist had a premonition of the Zombie Apocalypse?

This show has pretty much stayed away from the psychic or prophetic, so if it feels like that in this scene, that's an interesting turn.

Kind of like Jim, compulsively digging graves.
    The painting itself may have been done before the apocalypse, but the X-ing out of the eyes and scribbling all over it might have happened after and then the person wrapped it up. It almost looks like a portrait (self portrait perhaps?) and that someone went a little bonkers with a permanent marker or something.

Who (or what) is behind that door is the main Question I think. Hope it's something or someone interesting instead of another walker easily decapitated by Michonne, or worse, another "Creepy Clara" type person...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast