2. Back To Top    #102
    Status
    Judiths Anger Translator Rolexus's Avatar

Threads
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Level
    RE: Rosita "Stripper" comments.

Ponder this: what's more honest--a man who pretends to like "the real you" just so he can get in his date's pants OR a legal fee-based transaction between two consenting adults in which he get to see her naked for a fee? Stripping is far more ethical than the reindeer games of dating. At least it's straight-up.

There are women who have the brains of rocket scientists & bodies of Centerfolds. But let's face it, Rosita aint one. She's just another sister capitalizing on her looks to get by in a cold, heartless world. Like that aint the way it's ALWAYS been. Sheesh.

Ya'll wanna worry about Rosita getting her claws in Daryl & such--Pffft. There's a vicious rumour circulating 'round the Devil's Playground (aka Internet) that is so whack, so demented, so teaming with sharks waiting for Fonzie to rev up his bike one dare not speak of it beyond one word: Ricksita.

Oh the horror....the horror....

3. Back To Top    #103
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Level
    I like Rosita..I think she's nice, caring and helpful. Her attitude towards Abe and Eugene was funny as hell. Watching her argue with them was just too funny. But I hope she's not just a plot device. I wouldn't mind having her around for a while

I really can't stand when she's judged by what she's wearing. She has a great body..if she wants to show it off then that's perfectly fine. Especially in a za. It's not like she's having sex with every guy she comes across. She might also not have anything else to wear. I think she needs a chance. We haven't known her long enough to judge her. From what we saw it seems like she's really nice

4. Back To Top    #104
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Level
    We can never have enough cool, tough, smart women in the za. I welcome her with open arms. I'm really hoping we see more of her in season 5. She can definitely be more than a "background" character.

5. Back To Top    #105
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Level
    I like Rosita because she knows how to shoot a gun well and cares enough about Tara to show she's kind and outspoken about being considerate of others and doing the right thing. But then again, I'm more one to make judgments based on character and personality than outward appearances... judging by looks seems so very shallow to me; but I get what the OP was saying about not having variety of women in the show. They're mostly young and "beautiful" (in quotes because I'm using that word in the social norm type of way, how the media models "beauty", not my personal opinions). There's not been one plus size woman and there's only one older woman (Carol). Oh and only one LGBTQ+ character (Tara), but she's also young and beautiful. The show does a good job of displaying different personality types of women I suppose (like Beth is gentle and Sasha has spunk) and a good job of showing women being independent and strong (Carol, Sasha, most all of them really); however, I'd like to see plus size and/or older women represented in the show/tv in general (there has been at least two older men in the show- Herschel and Dale, and there was a few heavyset, in my opinion, men in season one at least- TDog, Ed, Morales). That being said, it doesn't lessen Rosita as a character. Character is more about what you do and how you act, and has very little to do with what you dress like.

6. Back To Top    #106
    Status
    Chilling with Brie Larson and all of her awards
    Threads
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    no one thought that maybe it was just hot and she wanted to have cooler clothes on? She only dressed like that for a couple of episodes. It was as a reference to her comicbook self and i like when the characters are translated onto the show with cues to their GN appearances. Let the characters wear what they want sheesh. Its not like they have a mall on every other street. Maybe theyre just stuck with the clothes they could find.

7. Back To Top    #107
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    I like Rosita..I think she's nice, caring and helpful. Her attitude towards Abe and Eugene was funny as hell. Watching her argue with them was just too funny. But I hope she's not just a plot device. I wouldn't mind having her around for a while

I really can't stand when she's judged by what she's wearing. She has a great body..if she wants to show it off then that's perfectly fine. Especially in a za. It's not like she's having sex with every guy she comes across. She might also not have anything else to wear. I think she needs a chance. We haven't known her long enough to judge her. From what we saw it seems like she's really nice
    Old post but agreed

8. Back To Top    #108
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Level
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by stormycat; July 16th, 2015 at 02:40 AM. Reason: add to

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011