Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Level

What was that guy "really" doing in the bathroom?

Just wondering if anyone else noticed a couple of things when Rick found the guy in the bathroom last night. Now, when Rick came in and saw the guy sitting on the toilet, you would automatically assume what he was doing in there, but then they start fighting and if you look the toilet seat is clearly down (with a nice fuzzy brown toilet seat cover I might add) and there are a pair of boots (I was assuming the guy's boots) next to the toilet as well. I realize that it probably would have been a little "awkward" to have had Rick fighting, rolling around on the floor and eventually choking the guy out with his pants down so they needed him to just be "sitting" in there, but it was just odd, what the hell was he doing?! Just relaxing with his shoes off because all of the "big" beds were taken? Reading a magazine (there wasn't one) or was he supposed to be enjoying some "alone time" when Rick comes barging in? Now, that really could have been weird and frankly I think Rick's been through enough trauma lately, he didn't need to deal with that situation. Seriously though, I just found it to be a strange scene overall, but loved the end when Rick leaves the "zombie bomb" for them and cracks the door! Any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I was wondering that myself and figured he probably just needed a break from his group for a minute to breathe. The casting seemed an unusual choice for someone part of a ragtag bag of criminals, and I reckon he was probably more the cowardly type who went along with their actions because it was the 'easy' option. They seem like pretty intense guys, so going to the bathroom in the pretense of 'doing his business' was probably the easiest way to get a break for a minute without raising suspicion.

I imagine we might see him again in a rehash of the events leading up to the house invasion, so perhaps we'll see!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Right. I thought it was kinda weird too. I wasn't expecting any Viggo Mortensen/Eastern Promises type of scene but what was he doing exactly?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe he went in there to freshen up after a long day of pillaging?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Maybe he found some nail clippers and slipped off his boots to trim his toe nails.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I don't know, I think a viggo mortensen Eastern Promises kinda scene could be brilliant! :)

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Level
    well maybe he wanted to take a shower and took off his boots sitting down?
    in my country it is very normal that the toilet is right ext to the shower (in the same room). i don't remember the scene and if there was a shower though ;)

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa_91 View Post
    well maybe he wanted to take a shower and took off his boots sitting down?
    in my country it is very normal that the toilet is right ext to the shower (in the same room). i don't remember the scene and if there was a shower though ;)
    There would definitely have been a bathtub and/or shower in the bathroom - that's normal in the US too. But there wouldn't have been any water to take a bath or a shower unless the house was on a well system - which would be unlikely in a nice neighborhood like that. The toilet wouldn't have worked either. The guy might have gone in their to clean up or change clothes, but he would have needed to bring his own water in to actually wash.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Maybe he found some nail clippers and slipped off his boots to trim his toe nails.
    LOL! Gross, but definitely a possibility? God knows when the last time he clipped them was, if it's been a year and a half since the ZA started (AL mentioned this in an interview on Talking Dead last night) he could probably climb trees with those things!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by urdeadtome View Post
    LOL! Gross, but definitely a possibility? God knows when the last time he clipped them was, if it's been a year and a half since the ZA started (AL mentioned this in an interview on Talking Dead last night) he could probably climb trees with those things!
    Well I mean you can chew your fingernails off...but good lord I bet some folks have some funky looking toenails.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast