Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Level

Beth in ep 12 Did anybody else love this? (LOVE ONLY)

Ok did anyone love EK in this ep but me? I loved everything about it! I really loved Beth's line, I'm not Michonne, Maggie or Carol. THAT was so telling!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    Yep, it was a great character driven episode. Anyone who disagrees most likely went into this complaining and not wanting to give this episode a chance. Great writing and a nice performance from EK.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked it too....I have been waiting to hear Daryl utter more than one liners and cut downs. I knew there was a human being in there and tonight we finally got to see the whole man. I love all Walking Dead episodes and seriously re-watch seasons 1 thru 3 nightly when I go to bed on Netflix, so I am happy with tonights episode, however, I am ready now for the shit to get moving forward and for the "shock" of the prison to have worn off all our characters. Oh and when Daryl cried....I cried ha ha, loved it!!!
    Last edited by ShannRatch; March 3rd, 2014 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Wanted to add more

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I really liked it. Some small parts of the overall story were a bit weak, and performances were a little flat in a few places, but I could probably point out the same things of any of the actors or any of the stories in any of the episodes. All in all, I thought Emily did an excellent job throughout. It saddens me that Beth feels she hasn't become hardened enough to survive much longer. The tragedy of being smaller and inexperienced, and consigned to the role of babysitter in the ZA.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I think I hope Beth and Daryl do connect romantically. I felt that, by the end of the episode, Beth was emotionally mature enough to be Daryl's "mate". I don't think I've heard anyone complain about the age difference of Abe and Rosita, who are almost certainly about the same amount of years apart (roughly 20 years) if not more. I can see, in a ZA world, that their ages would have diminishing relevance. But I'm also torn because I'd feel awful for Carol if Beth and Daryl were to connect. Maybe polygamy is the best compromise? As long as it's consensual by all parties involved? Would Carol mind, if Carol and Daryl were romantically involved, but then Daryl also fathers Beth's child because Beth wishes to have a baby with Daryl ? Would she want to deprive Beth of that wish? Aaargh, so many dilemmas! Sorry to sidetrack so much.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    She was acting out like Carl somewhat too and Daryl could see himself in her too which is why he opened up.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I love it. I thought it was like she was talking to some viewers. Beth is Beth, not Carol, Maggie, Michonne.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    I was one of the overly critical people in the beginning. Now, I still thought the episode was one of the weaker ones but the last 20 minutes or so with the argument and the last chat before the burning of the cabin were terrific. EK and NR did a great job and there was some good character development.

I normally hated that Beth couldn't really take up for herself and essentially "be a badass" like Michonne, Carol, or Maggie but I realized that it is totally realistic. Not everyone is going to be a super bad-ass survivor. She's survived this long doing the best that she can.

So I enjoyed the development. The last 20 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zombidood View Post
    I really liked it. Some small parts of the overall story were a bit weak, and performances were a little flat in a few places, but I could probably point out the same things of any of the actors or any of the stories in any of the episodes. All in all, I thought Emily did an excellent job throughout. It saddens me that Beth feels she hasn't become hardened enough to survive much longer. The tragedy of being smaller and inexperienced, and consigned to the role of babysitter in the ZA.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I think I hope Beth and Daryl do connect romantically. I felt that, by the end of the episode, Beth was emotionally mature enough to be Daryl's "mate". I don't think I've heard anyone complain about the age difference of Abe and Rosita, who are almost certainly about the same amount of years apart (roughly 20 years) if not more. I can see, in a ZA world, that their ages would have diminishing relevance. But I'm also torn because I'd feel awful for Carol if Beth and Daryl were to connect. Maybe polygamy is the best compromise? As long as it's consensual by all parties involved? Would Carol mind, if Carol and Daryl were romantically involved, but then Daryl also fathers Beth's child because Beth wishes to have a baby with Daryl ? Would she want to deprive Beth of that wish? Aaargh, so many dilemmas! Sorry to sidetrack so much.
    Even if they do connect romantically, I honestly think it'll be short lived. I really think Beth is gonna die this season but, y'know...Mileage.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Level
    I knew I would enjoy the episode even before watching it and I wasn't disappointed. It wasn't a perfect 10 episode but it really helped me to see where Beth is at right now. I would love to see more episodes focus on smaller groups like last night. The focus was maintained on Daryl and Beth which kept me in the moment. Loved it.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Level
    I'm Glad to see who Beth is and it was great to see them argue and show that. But I felt that coulve been done in a lot less time. I felt like this episode would've been a lot better if I wasn't wondering about everyone else.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Just a thought, but I think it is unfair to say Beth is not a survivor in her own right. In the beginning of the episode we see the two traveling together/fleeing walkers in the dark and without a word to one another assess the situation, find a place to hide, survive the night, loot the car for supplies and move on. Then, while Daryl hunts Beth makes camp including a fire and setting up boobie traps. No, she is not a badass in a fight but she doesn't cover her eyes and run away when the walkers appear either. The 'Protectors' in the group like Daryl have their place and it is a big one but the people who are the 'Caregivers' have just as much importance when push comes to shove. They take care of the day to day drudgery and I think are what keeps everyone on an even keel emotionally. I think that this episode showed the importance of BOTH roles. Daryl keeps Beth safe but Beth gave Daryl the emotional support that would keep him for offing himself because of the guilt and loneliness if he were left by himself. Beth's strength is emotional, not physical.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast