Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    The way that I understand it is that the gel nail polish you apply and it last for almost a month before you have to reapply!

2. Back To Top    #22
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Hmm. Hubby is a cosmetics store manager. I'll have to ask him about it!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeypoo14 View Post
    The way that I understand it is that the gel nail polish you apply and it last for almost a month before you have to reapply!
    Yes and no. I've had trouble with it in the past but it still lasted slightly longer than regular polish for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isiana View Post
    No, I buy ... I'm not sure what it is, honestly. Normal nail polish I guess. At $8 a bottle it hovers between good and shitty. If I'm not working it can last almost a week before looking terrible, if I'm working it won't last the day.

I like nail stickers cause it makes the whole nail look fancy with no polish and seems to be lasting.
    I use OPI, China Glaze, Sinful Colors.

Sinful is $2 chuck polish but it is the best polish I have found for that price and they have a great selection of colors. I have an amazing pale blue with a subtle pink sparkle. It's sheer so it take 3-4 coats to make it solid but I'll put a coat of Sally Hansen in "White Out" as a base and then put the color over that. That's also how I brighten my reds.

In China Glaze, probably my favorites that I have right now are all from the Hunger Games collection that they did last year. The hair on Daryl Kitty is one of those colors and I'm thinking today I am going to do a cocktail manicure with two of the colors from that set. A cocktail manicure is where you do one color on you ring and pinky and then an accent color on your middle, index, and thumb which are the fingers you hold a cocktail glass with a thin stem with (IE: a martini glass).

OPI does some wonderful geeky sets which I love. They had a Muppets set for Winter 2011, a Spider-Man set (which I love dearly), and a Minnie Mouse set. I also have a few from their Pirates of the Caribbean set that they did in 2011 as well. Oh and I lovelovelovelove the colors from the James Bond set this year. <3

Oh yes... Zoya is decent as well.

Trying to think if there's anything else. Those are my major brands and they range anywhere from $1.99 all the way to $8. My index finger usually chips first due to typing a lot on my laptop as well as using the touchscreen on my iPhone. The key for me is that I reapply topcoat every other or every few days depending on which brand I am using.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    But does not the gel nails make it so that you do not have to apply a top coat?

5. Back To Top    #25
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeypoo14 View Post
    But does not the gel nails make it so that you do not have to apply a top coat?
    I don't believe so. There's a whole kit with it. You usually have to cure it under an LED lamp which is a whole process in and of itself regardless. It's no easier than applying topcoat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123