Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: How would you rate Alone?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll

41 18.14%

56 24.78%

55 24.34%

26 11.50%

10 4.42%

19 8.41%

6 2.65%

3 1.33%

4 1.77%

6 2.65%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Back To Top    #1
    Status
    I am King, everything is possible. King Grimes's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Level

Rate and review tonight's episode, Alone

Much better episode tonight in my opinion, but what did you all think?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Level
    9/10
    Bob flashback
    Bob/Sasha development
    Maggie determination and awesome ass walker kills
    Sasha walker kills
    Daryl's screw up/want to not be alone so he joins the assholes
    Beth's kidnapping (Finally she's off my screen for a good period of time)

CAROL IS COMING BITCHES.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    I like Maggie and Sasha and Bob parts.

I would have preferred to not see the OOC stupid teenager Daryl and HSM Beth. Even the dog couldn't save those two.

Quote Originally Posted by youngins View Post
    And the Daryl question on Talking dead, my answer, none of the above. The way Daryl is so OOC right now, he wouldn't have the balls to do any of those.

OY, TWD, GIVE DARYL HIS BALLS AND SENSE BACK!

--------------------------

Carol! I want Carol.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by youngins View Post
    I like Maggie and Sasha and Bob parts.

I would have preferred to not see the OOC stupid teenager Daryl and HSM Beth. Even the dog couldn't save those two.
    ooc? If you mean not an asshole then I agree. He didn't screw anything up this time.

Solid 8 for me. No real flaws.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Level
    I enjoyed the theme of "alone" in this episode.

We see a war of wills in both groups, a want from one portion to move forward and believe and the fair cynicism held by the other portion. Daryl and Sasha aren't wrong to not be jumping up and down with hope. There isn't a lot of hope out there. Like Daryl said, he doesn't believe that the good people are the ones that survive. And really, was he wrong?

And it's not wrong for Maggie and Beth to keep wanting to think there is something to believe in, because without a reason to keep going, why keep going at all? That was Maggie from the premiere of this season. That she wants more than survival and she's fighting for that again. She can't go about it the way Sasha is. She can't just be looking for shelter and food and moving on without any answers. She needs hope. She needs Glenn, but Glenn has also become the symbol of there being anything worth having at this moment for Maggie.

Bob is a fantastic control here. Two guys stumble over him, ask him a bunch of questions before they allow him to return with them to a shelter of some kind, and he has no questions for them. He just knows what being alone means and he doesn't want that. Alone is worse.

And Daryl started to reluctantly believe that in this episode. That despite all the very obvious warning bells that should've been going off for Daryl in that OCD neat funeral home, with cabinets so perfect it was like a scene from "Sleeping with the Enemy", Daryl took a chance and thought maybe his cynicism was just that. Maybe there could be goodness. Beth was still alive. Here's this teenager, who lacks skills, who lacks the strength Daryl believes is needed to survive in this world, who actually twisted her ankle this episode and needed to be toted around like a small child... Yet she still has hope. She still can find a reason to sing. She can still see beauty in someone embalming people... She can still see beauty in a world that Daryl thinks is shit.

But Beth was wrong. And so was Daryl. Because pure cynicism and pure optimism cannot guide you. it all needs to be tempered. And you need to keep your wits about you with either. Beth may have woven something sweet and it was sweet for Daryl to have this girl with him, who could still paint pretty pictures with words, to allow him to play big brother in a way that Merle was never able to for him, but it clouded some clear judgment he should've had. That house was a freakshow waiting to happen and Daryl should've seen that. You find such a nice dwelling in the middle of a fucking cemetery during the ZA? You walk the hell away, guys.

I liked watching Daryl and Bob fight to follow and keep on believing. To keep following that trail and do the right thing. Because they've both realized that alone is worse and Daryl doesn't leave people behind. And while Bob is eventually found again by the very people he was looking for, Daryl loses Beth's trail and finds Joe and some questionable men. But they share a way of looking at the world, that was clear, and really, what else did Daryl have to lose at that moment?

I don't think Daryl trusts these guys, I don't think he's "joining" them or giving up. Is he looking at these guys as being some of these possible "good people"? What lesson did Daryl just come away from with Beth being damsel-napped? Or does Daryl just see this as a means to survival? That he was just like Bob, not asking any questions of this group recruiting him and it's just better to not be alone?

I liked learning more about Bob and Sasha here. I especially loved Bob and his spirit. Because his optimism isn't born out of being naive and young, like Beth. His optimism comes from knowing the opposite, it comes from choosing a way of life, because he knows what the opposite entails. There were so many parallels with Bob's character in the Greene sisters that made his story even more interesting.

I don't know what to think of Bob/Sasha and that kiss, but I really liked their conversations in general. I really liked Bob challenging Sasha in this way and it brought out a bit of whatever remains of some hope in some way.

As far as who took Beth, that whole funeral home was a trap, clearly. I think the dog was part of it and I think the walkers were also set upon the house. Whoever was upkeeping that place clearly was watching and planning and Daryl and Beth gave them a clear invitation. And Beth seriously fulfilled every aspect of being a plot device for the male lead as she possibly could. It's actually embarrassing when I think out all these steps they made for Beth but were actually for Daryl. I really could care less if Beth lives or dies at this point. I would just prefer to not see her tortured or raped, thanks.

Performance wise, Lawrence Gilliard Jr did wonderfully and the more I like him, the more I believe that Bob is toast

On a side note, it cracks me up that apparently when a man loses direction during the ZA, they grow questionable facial hair and do a walkabout to folky music.

Anyway, it was an okay episode. The Bob outweighed a lot of ho-hum plotting here for me. The Daryl aspect of this episode just dragged because it was clearly a setup and you were just waiting for the shoe to drop. And as cool as the fog walkers were and as much as I can empathize with Maggie and her drive, that story didn't work the best for me. Bob made it shine, really. So thanks, Bob.

At least, finally, everyone seems to be on the right track *rimshot*
    Last edited by extravagantjoke; March 10th, 2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: spelling

6. Back To Top    #6
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Level

7. Back To Top    #7
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    9/10

1. More walkers!
    2. Sasha and Bob with his back story
    3. Maggie's determination to find Glenn <3
    4. No one died...although I am thinking Beth is dead. I hope I am wrong. She grew on me last episode.
    5. Daryl acting human with weaknesses two weeks in a row instead of Superman
    6. Carol next week! :)

I love The Talking Dead and watching it now. It is very strange to hear Lauren Cohan's accent right after watching an episode.

I want more Michonne, Rick, and Carl! It is the only reason I voted 9 instead of 10.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Status
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by john5xc View Post
    ooc? If you mean not an asshole then I agree. He didn't screw anything up this time.

Solid 8 for me. No real flaws.

OOC as in, teenage Daryl.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Status

Threads
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Level
    I liked this episode. Loved that we finally get to see Maggie, Sasha and Bob interact. I loved what each of them brings to their group. Maggie's hope for finding Glenn, Bob just being happy to be with people, and how Bob and Maggie have Sasha some hope to push on. I loved that Lauren mentioned she think Glenn is her hope, and she thinks if she finds him, Beth will be with him. But I LOVED Daryl and Beth's scenes. Not in a romantic way at all, but in a bonding way. I really have loved Beth in the last two episodes. Good episode!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Status
    Crotch Grabber baroness_strange's Avatar
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Level
    I gave it a 7.
    which annoys me cause it could've easily been a 10, but the daryl-beth dynamic was horrendous.
    badly written, EK's acting, daryl's naive teenage behavoir. horrible.

maggie, bob and sasha 10/10.
    nice female bonding, good fighting scenes.

liked daryl with the marauders. glad beth is gone (hopefully for good)

heey, we actually got somewhere this week!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast